Do U like Paramore-Decode?

If a SHORT, BROWN girl (who is NOT popular) goes up and sings Paramore - Decode, in your high school TALENT SHOW, will you boo at her?

(she sings pretty well, it won't HURT your ears)

do you think she would win the talent show, or at least NOT get humiliated?

Comments

• You'd be surprised how many songs I love. I have an incredible range of music preferences, which extend anywhere from Fall Out Boy and Simple Plan to Iron Maiden and Cannibal Corpse.

"Decode" by Paramore is my third favourite song in history, nestled neatly behind "Numb" by Linkin Park and Metallica's "Enter Sandman". I'm a passionate Paramore fan and they have hardly done a song I dislike, but Decode is a something different. The melody taps into my conscience and stays there, Hayley's voice brings shiver after shiver down my spine. Josh's guitarwork, particularly before the bridge, is breathtaking in its simplistic beauty. The music video matches the quality of the song. Anybody who ever thought Paramore was just a sugary pop band fronted by a short, feisty redhead was incorrect. The musical and lyrical depth, the passion and emotion and musicianship within this song is unlike anything the band have ever produced before. There is darkness, sorrow, hope and love. So many moods and emotions crammed into four and a half minutes, its nearly overwhelming. "Decode" is a masterpiece and it will remain one of my favourite songs for the rest of my life.

Now that I've vented a little bit, on to your question. I would not boo this girl, in fact I would cheer and applaud her for having the guts to do it in front of the school. Is she singing with the instrumental backing track? Or is she going acapella? If it's the former, I reckon she could pull it off, as long as the rest of the students gave her a fair go. If it's the latter, and there's no music for her singing, I don't like her chances.

I say good on her. There's no way I would've ever had the jewels to do something like that in high school.

EDIT: Sparked Indignation - mate, careful around Breaking The Habit. That's one of the most vocally demanding songs I've ever heard. You don't get much time to breathe, and the melody is extremely hard to stick to.

• I LOVE THE SONG!!!

But I don't know how many people in a high school listen to Paramore.

In my school there is definately not that many, maybe like 10%.

At my High school you could much easier pull off a song by Beyonce or some $hit like that

• i like the song but it's getting old, i wouldn't boo anyone white,brown,black or purple. I'd give you props for having the guts to get up there and sing, that'll show your not intimidated and have courage.

• Yes!

OMG you really have to go! Popular or not. I would so not boo at you. "Decode" is an AMAZING song. <3

• u dont have to popular and pretty to sing good. heck yeah i would cheer! i would not boo and of corse u could win!

go for it girl, rock hard, and give it all ya got! =)

• i love this song. but maybe you should sing something more calming possibly. This is a big descision. Its your chance to shine! and you need to pick a song that would "WOW" the crowd. no "rock" screaming in the song btw.

• i personally love decode, and if you have the guts to sing it onstage then the best of luck to you.

as long as you, your friends and family think you were good then do it. dont be afraid of little d**kheads saying something when they sat on their asses and didnt have nuts to do anything themselves :P

best of luck to you :)

• The song is cool.

I strongly encourage you to go for it. Do it, do it. Sing well, rock the stage, and you won't have regrets.

• decode is amazing .

no-one will dare to boo on you .

• yeaah ! she can do it

if she sings well everything it's ok

good luck

And I love the song!