Who gotta pay for car damages?

I was exiting highway 55mph... Other driver (old man) was driving 30-35. He cut me off and as a result I tried to avoid an accident and hit another car. Driver of that car was Mexican guy without driver licence or insuranse. Car was insured under the name of his cusin. We both refused to write a report. Today I got a call from his insurance company and I think I gonna need to pay for all expense. I didn't have an insurance till today and gonna need to pay cash which I don't have.

My question is: what is my chances if I go to court I try to resolve it there. Or better to pay that guy and resolve it with him.

But I feel that it's not fully my fault cuz if his friend doesn't have driver license and insurance he shouldn't be on the road. Maybe I am wrong and thanks for help.

Comments

• I think both of you are at fault,but I also think a court of law will find you the guilty one.Guilty for not maintaining control of your vehicle.

• So let me get this straight.. you think he is at fault because he didn't have insurance yet you didn't have any either? WTF?! LoL

Having insurance has nothing to do with liability. It appears you were the majority at fault- you can't cause one accident to avoid another.

They will likely pay for their insureds damages and rental and then send you the bill. If you dont pay, they will have your wages garnished and send it to collections. You will get hounded and have problems with your credit until you do pay.

I hope you learned an expensive lesson. What if the other driver was injured? What you did was very irresponsible.

• This sounds like a can of worms. The old guy "cut me off" - you then bashed another car. You have no insurance and the other driver has no license or insurance.

I suspect you're on the hook for this one.

• um how are u complaining if u didn't have insurance either......u shouldn't b on the road at all...and if u both refused to write a report tell teh other guy to fu@K off nothing he can do at this point....