My period is a week late so far..?

I'm 21 years old and I'm a college student, I've been really stressed the past few weeks due to tests and finals and also money. I'm a college girl on a budget and this past month I went over :/ Also, I've been eating a lot due to all the stress. I've heard it's possible to have a late period due to stress.. I actually always have irregular periods, but 7 days late isn't so normal. I'm not on birth control. I do have a boyfriend and I'm sexually active.

About a week ago I felt a tiny bit of cramping so I thought I was about to start! But it was a false alarm.

Also, is it normal to have frequent irregular periods? (for me that means sometimes it starts early and sometimes it starts late but usually just by like 3 days) I was thinking I should get checked out by a doctor to make sure there's nothing wrong?

Thank you for any advice :)

Comments

• Stress can definitely make your period late. The more you stress the later your period will be. It is very normal for women to have irregular periods. Like me, at first I used to come on at the end of the month, now I come on in the beginning. Just to be safe you should take a pregnancy test because you are not on birth control, and it is normal to cramp or have pain before you come on your period. Hope I helped :)