Do people actually keep wolves as pets?

Do they ever get malled by it?

Comments

• Yep, it is not seen as much anymore (where I live). Laws have changed and people have become more educated about what it actually takes to keep wolves happy. It is possible to be mauled by your "loving" pet wolf. I have personally worked with a wolf that used to be the sweetest thing ever and one day flipped on it's owner... it ended up at the shelter that I worked at and if he got a chance he would be right at your throat.

• The percentage of getting mauled is REALLY high because wolves aren't meant to be as pets.

People do keep wolves as pets, i think they're crazy. The only time i would go near a wolf is like at the zoo behind the glass wall.

• Yes, I have seen wolves as pets... but they still scare me... because even as a pet, you have to remember that they arent a domestic house dog... they havnt been bred enough...

• Yes. My Aunt in New Hampshire used to have 2 (male and female) but now only has the female. (One of her other friend's male wolf died and her female wolf was lonley, so my aunt gave her her's.) Yeah but she's REALLY sweet and lays around all day. her name means 'bear' in spanish. -and she's SOOO pretty!

• My grandmother has a wolf that is more gentle than my german shepherd. She just took her "dog" to the vet one day and found out about it.