Nintendo Entertainment System Ac Power Adaptor?

Hi i just recently bought a retro NES games console, and i was wondering how can i plug in my ac adaptor plug into my extension lead? See image: http://www.ivgstores.com/prodimages-cdls/pet-inno/...

The plug that comes with the nes console is shaped strangely, and it won't go into any ordinary sockets... can somebody please suggest anything, like why are they differant from most plug shapes nowadays? all answers are appreciated. Thank You.

Update:

Yes i'm British and living in the UK :)

Comments

• You might have bought a North American console since it came with a 120v electrical socket. In the UK you guys use a different socket for 230v. You need to buy an NES AC adapter for use in your country. My NES needs AC(not DC-very important) current at 9V and 1.3A(I'm from the US). Basically, just go on Ebay and buy a used original Nintendo brand power supply from a UK seller and look at the pic to verify that it's the same socket that you use. Also, you'll only be able to play North American games on that NES if it is indeed an American unit. The UK, Australia, and Italy had their own region coded games much like DVDs are playable only on their respective region's DVD players.

You need to find out what region NES you have. Look on the bottom of the console and you'll see some identifying information. It'll say Nintendo of America or Nintendo of Europe or Mattel etc.

This is from the Wikipedia NES page:

Lockout circuitry

The Famicom contained no lockout hardware and, as a result, unlicensed cartridges (both legitimate and bootleg) were extremely common throughout Japan and the Far East.[36] The original NES (but not the top-loading NES-101) contained the 10NES lockout chip, which significantly increased the challenges faced by unlicensed developers. Tinkerers at home in later years discovered that disassembling the NES and cutting the fourth pin of the lockout chip would change the chip’s mode of operation from "lock" to "key", removing all effects and greatly improving the console’s ability to play legal games, as well as bootlegs and converted imports.[citation needed] NES consoles sold in different regions had different lockout chips, so games marketed in one region would not work on consoles from another region. Known regions are: USA/Canada (3193 lockout chip), most of Europe (3195), Asia (3196) and UK, Italy and Australia (3197). Since two types of lockout chip were used in Europe, European NES game boxes often had an "A" or "B" letter on the front, indicating whether the game is compatible with UK/Italian/Australian consoles (A), or the rest of Europe (B).[citation needed] Rest-of-Europe games typically had text on the box stating "This game is not compatible with the Mattel or NES versions of the Nintendo Entertainment System". Similarly, UK/Italy/Australia games stated "This game is only compatible with the Mattel or NES versions of the Nintendo Entertainment System".

European "Mattel" and "NES" Versions

In the UK, Italy and Australia which share the PAL A region, two versions of the NES were released; the "Mattel Version" and "NES Version".[39] When the NES was first released in those countries, it was distributed by Mattel and Nintendo decided to use a lockout chip specific to those countries, different from the chip used in other European countries. When Nintendo took over European distribution in 1990, they produced consoles that were then labeled "NES Version", therefore the only differences between the two are the text on the front flap.

• Nintendo Nes Ac Adapter

• That is the normal adaptor for the American NES. What do you mean by ordinar socket? It should plug right into the wall. Are you in europe or something?

• I suggest possibly GameCrazy. I know Gamestop and ebgames stopped selling the original nintendo stuff a long time ago. Camecrazy still sells them.

• That is a good observation