2011 Prospect Draft for MLB fantasy league?

Hey everyone,

Need some help deciding between two prospects.

I am torn between Brandon Belt, (1B for Giants) and Jonathan Singleton (1B for Phillies).

What are your thoughts of these two? Who would you choose?

Comments

• If your looking for a first base prospect...Belt is the better option. He's closer to big league ready and should stick at first. Singleton may not stick at first base and won't be moving Ryan Howard any time soon. Safer bet...Belt. Here's a scouting report on Belt: He destroyed high-A (.383/.492/.628) and AA (.337/.413/.623 ) in 2010 before finishing the season in AAA Fresno, so it's possible he's just about figured out the art of crushing baseballs now. Belt is tall and slightly-built for a first baseman, but lacks the speed for centerfield, so he looks like the best 1B bet in San Francisco has for the short term. His lefty swing is long with some natural loft, which means if he fills out he could transform himself into a truly elite power hitter in the future.

• Not even close ... BELT

Singleton won't play in the bigs till 2013 and has Ryan Howard in front of him.

Belt will play this year ... maybe from day one.

• I would def go with belt, he can flat out rake the ball and the giants will need him sooner than later. singleton will be consistent but still needs to grow his man muscles.

• I have this weird fantasy that since my kids are gone to grandmas that I will come home to a chilled bottle of wine, candles on the table, my husband wearing nothing but an apron...and he does me right there on the dining room table, to hell with the chicken parmesean. But clearly that is just a wild fantasy that must stay forever in my head.