Help I am into HUGE problem.?

I was working with my PC when IE didn't close for long time so I manually ended that process in task manager. I guess I clicked on wrong process it was Explorer.EXE I guess I might be wrong so now my desktop is totally empty and there is no icons no start nothing just back ground picture. Can I start this Explorer.EXE process again with out restarting PC because in one software I have really importante thing and I can't save it? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update:

i WOULD REBOOT BUT i NEED TO SAVE SOMETHING.

Update 3:

Thanks, thanks, thanks bo_dontno. I wanted to just start this Explorer.EXE already before BUT I didn't know where I can find this Explorer.EXE thanks I'll give you the poins!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• lmao....you closed winows explorer..........just reboot

but you can open task mgr.. go to file then run new task

then hit browse navigate to the windows folder in c drive

find exporer.exe.(the lil computer screen) thats it

• Just restart your system. In Task Manager, at top in the main window click "Shut Down" in the drop down menu select "restart". This will restart your system and the program you ended will reboot with the system. No worries, this is OK. This is a function of Task Manager. It helps out in situations like the one you are experiencing now.

Good luck!

P.S. Don't use System Restore for this! System Restore is intended for emergencies and can create more problems than you may expect if you use it when you do not need to!

• just to add to what the others have said, internet explorer is Iexplore.exe. Explorer is basically, what windows is all about. When you shut it down, it is not able to open links, or look into folders. You could restart explorer by going to new process, or simply reboot.

• press ctrl + alt + del

in the task manager click on file

and then click on new task and type explorer.exe

• if not comfortible with other answers just open start/all programsaccessory/system tools/system restore and restore to day before you did what you did and pc will be back to normal

• yeah you are going to have to reboot your computer to fix this problem i am afraid, should still be able to save your work though, try using 'Alt + tab' to get your work back up then save it

• try to re-start it in the safe mode and check what is wrong