Garage concrete floor help?

I have a concrete floor in my garage and it has lots of grooves / uneven parts all over, is there any thing I can use to pour on it to level it out? I don't really want to have to use a machine on it, afterwards I want to cover ot with epoxy. Cheers

Comments

• Self leveling compound is the way to go. Depending on what exact make you get, some you can pour to only a certain depth, so 2 or more pours may be needed.

A latex primer is a must to help the bond between the slab and the compound.

Leveling compound can be done to certain depth s out to a feather finish.

If its just uneven and grooves then you won t have any trouble.

Any questions you can e mail through my avatar. GL

• there are products you can buy for that. Liquid level is good for what you want. You mix the bag of powder with water and pour onto floor and it fills the grooves and low spots itself and sets up as hard as concrete and should be able to apply finish product after the other completely sets up. Dont know the exact name of what it is called but have always heard it called as liquid level. Hope this helps. Lowes or Home Depot, etc should carry this.

• If you do cover it, make sure to etch it first by applying muratic acid to the surface to make it adhere. To level a house floor you can make a floor-set by using 7 parts sand to 1 part portland cement. I'm not sure if this would hold up to the pressure of a car in a garage though.

• http://www.familyhandyman.com/search/garage%20floo...

there are several articles here that will help, and tell you what you need to know. it even has pictures.

some good articles