Do I have a cockroach problem?

I recently rented a home. It has not been empty for long but the previous tenants left a lot of clutter behind. Neighbors tell me they were big time partiers and not very clean. The house was so cluttered and dirty in fact that I had to have professionals come to to clean the carpets and do a deep cleaning on the entire house. There is a pile of wood and debris on the side run of the house. My dog seemed very interested in it. I found one dead cockroach on the shelf in the garage and the maid said that only one roach had run out from under the stove when they were cleaning but no other evidence of cockroaches were found anywhere else at all. Should I still be worried?

Comments

• I live in Florida and have never seen a pack of roaches except in a sewer. keep the place clean, put out some roach "motels " and see if you trap any. A friend of mine had a pet store and could not spray because of the birds, she did real well with this stuff.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=347...

• You do have a cockroach problem because they swarm into homes in packs. Make sure you keep food wrapped up and away from the reach of them. There are special poisons for roaches you can buy in drug marts.

• Yes you do. There is no such thing as one cockroach, they travel in packs. They are like ants. You need to have the owners fumigate.

• no I do not think so. one or two cockroaches is not a problem