do i need a server?

i want to make my own ran online server. but do i need an actual server or is there a programm that can make me a virtual server?

Comments

• A server is usually defined as:

A computer dedicated to storing and delivering data files to client machines on request.

Any machine can be a configured to be a server with the correct software.

Get an old box out of the closet, load you favored Linux Distro, and set it up to be your server.

Use SAMBA to make a machine a Windows file and print server as well as domain controller

Use APACHE to create a Web server

Use LINUX, Apache, MYSQL and PHP to create a database server

The boxes you see advertised as "servers" are machines that are modified to allow redundancy, reliability, more hard drive bays, larger power supplies and the other requirements that business needs when they depend on servers to keep all their employees working.

But for a home server, just about any box will do.

My first was a 120 MHz Pentium 1 with 120 MB or ram and a 4 GB Hard drive

My current home server is a used Gateway my neighbor junked with an AMD processor, 2 GB of RAM, 2 150 GB SATA drives (mirrored) running OpenSuse 10.2

I shut it down every 6 months if it needs it or not to blow out the dust bunnies. Otherwise it just runs, stores my files, streams my video and music and behaves itself.

• i imagine that's incorrect for lady altar servers, yet not in basic terms modify servers.Any woman up on the altar or women human beings being Eucharistic minsters. i do not flow alongside with adult men being Eucharistic minsters both. the regulations were taken way out of context. also it initially did not come out of Rome. It got here from the american Bishop Councils, not the pope. a useless ringer for fairly some different issues they have replaced. did you know that Eucharistic Minsters are in basic terms for use at the same time as there is over 2 hundred human beings interior the church and there is just one priest. something less than 2 hundred the priest is meant to do it himself. Now i flow to each day mass and at the same time as they have Holy Communion they have a minimum of two Eucharistic Minsters there and there is only about 25 human beings. seeing that at the same time as won't be able to a clergyman take care of 25 human beings, who're receiving Our Lord. I easily have even considered them, the priest take a seat at the same time as the Eucharistic Minster provides out communion. it is so incorrect and a parishioner has the right to receive from a clergyman if the priest is on the altar. BTW that's interior the bible about women human beings on the altar. St Paul to the Corinthians's and the former testomony also. Very certain regulations. you do not take bits and products out of the bible so that they in tremendous condition you. in case you've faith in it you've faith in it completely. i don't know why Jesus needed only adult men on the altar. He must have had His motives yet it is what He needed, not guy. Altar boys are for the purpose of grooming those youthful adult men so that they see what this is prefer to be a clergyman. No woman will be a clergyman so why could they be on the altar. as far as them going into the sisterhood. seem at our convents are there any women human beings in them No. The vocations have diminished. only the classic convents have vocations. There should be a reason behind this. do not you imagine. yet i'm getting of the challenge. Our faith has been so watered down that that's poor. we prefer to get lower back to the former traditions and rites we had previously all the alterations. we've lost too a lot appreciate for the Blessed Sacrament, who's the major stay of our faith. i'm not critizing all and sundry who feels in a special way, it is only how i have self belief about it. God Bless you.

• You can use a program like VMWare to run a virutal box inside your PC to use as a server.. but thats your own internet... www.getavps.com has good servers for cheap prices..

but by the way you stated your question.. you might want to look into what your trying to accomplish more.

• yeah you need one