How do I refinance my car?

I went to the dealer yesterday to refinance my car. He said he has some good deals and to give him a few minutes to figure it out and then came back and told me since it was Saturday and they were busy that he would call me Monday after he called some banks. Does this mean he is t gonna be able to do it? He is talking about trading in my car to pay off my current loan and giving me a new car with lower payments.

Comments

• You are a dealer's dream customer -- knows nothing and will listen and believe anything he tells you. Dealers don't refinance cars. Only banks and finance companies refinance cars. But unless your credit score has changed dramatically, you won't get a lower payment by refinancing. You need to wise up and avoid going to dealers for advice.

• He's trying to sell you another car.

If you just want to refinance the car you have then go to a bank and ask them.

• you would save more money if you went to your bank or credit union than with the dealership.

• Are your other family members similarly learning-challenged and common sense absent?

• Good god, stay away from dealers.