sims 2 custom content?

I have 2 questions :)

1) I downloaded a house from ModTheSims, put it in the download folders, extract the files and all but in game, I can't seem to find the house in the Lot and Houses bin. Most of the other stuff I downloaded work (like clothes and furniture). Oh and the hair doesn't appear in game either. It also says that Custom content are enabled so where did these items go?

2) If I were to delete all the custom content in my EA Sims 2 Downloads folder, would the items disapper in the game?

Comments

• 1) I usually extract houses to the lotcatalog, but you can extract it to the downloads folder too (I think). Once it is extracted you have to find it and double-click it. A sims 2 window should pop-up and ask if you want to install it; click 'Yes'. If you have the CleanInstaller it will open up in that instead of the sims window. Still click 'Install', and it should work. I don't know about the hair, but that should work for the houses.

2) Yes, it will delete all of the stuff in-game.

Hope this helps!!

• you are going to be able to could desire to enable custom content fabric interior the sport. a million. Load The Sims 2 2. Open the sport innovations (the icon that sounds like a kit) 3. Set "Catalogs reveal custom content fabric" to ON. 4. in case you have Nightlife or later expansions, set "reveal custom content fabric communique at Startup" to OFF there's a screenshot on the link interior the materials section:

• 1) Do you have all the required expansion packs?

2) It would delete everything except for lots. Not sure why but that's what happened to me.