unleaded , unleaded plus or unleaded premium gas ?

I bought a 2015 Scion Tc , it's my first brand new car , however I know nothing about cars . What type of gas should I be putting ? I want to maintain my car As much as possible but honestly I have no clue the differences between the gas .

Comments

• Check the owners manual for the best answer. If it gives you a choice on what you can use, you may see a benefit from premium. If it says regular unleaded only, the car likely won't be able to adjust and realize the benefits of the higher octane, burning your extra cash out the tailpipe with no benefit.

• Knowing Toyota a bit, you should run prem unleaded. Unless it specifically states unleaded only, it's best to do so since it burns cleaner, and has better gas mileage.

• The differences are the octane ratings. Octane keeps your engine from having detonation (knocking) usually higher powered engines will use a higher octane rating. For your scion i think regular unleaded will do just fine. You will get better gas mileage with premium but with the extra 20 cents a gallon it works out close to the same. If you really want to take care of your car have regular oil changes done with full synthetic oil. Yes its expensive but worth every penny

• Owners manual is in the glove box. This is one of the first things you should be reading.

• the ordinary unleaded is fine.

• a hot running engine like that, ill bet it recommends the higher octane.

• There is no difference, only in price.