My guinea pig has a runny nose.?

I'm not sure if my guinea pig is sick or not. Her eyes are clear and bright. She's acting completely normal and eating great. The only thing I'm seeing is a yellowish discharge from her nose. She gets veggies on a regular basis along with her pellets. She's also getting her daily vitamin C through drops that I place on her baby carrots. Should I see a vet or is this common?

Comments

• You should take her to a vet. Any discharge it not normal and is a sign something is wrong. Guinea pigs hide illness very well so just because she is eating this does not mean she is well at all. They get worse very quickly too so take her to the vet as soon as possible.

• Ok, I thought this is something everyone did but call your vet. Its not hard and won't take you an hour. It might take you 10 minuets at the most. Tell your vet what you just asked us. Explain it all. Then, your vet will tell you what to do. It would have taken you as long to call the vet as it would to post a question.

• I would call a Vet and get their oppinion. The type of Bedding you use could cause a guinea pig to get a cold, never use Pine bedding. Good Luck and i hope she gets better soon!

• She should be fine as long as she is still eating and drinking normally and make sure her poo is normal aswell. However if she does stop eating/drinking it is best to take her to the vet where she will be given some antibyotics. Just keep a close eye on her ;)

• Could be an upper respiratory infection. which has to be treated with antibiotics. dont wait CALL THE VET! google guinea pig vets to find one in your area. good luck!

• first make sure it isnt the yellow vitamin c drops (just incase =) . If not TOTALLY call your vet!!