How to reveal a surprise trip to Paris?!?

So my husband and I are both in the military. He s stationed state side and I am stationed in Germany. He is coming for a visit and thinks we are going to Italy. He really wanted to go to Paris, but I said no because it would be too expensive and Italy is closer. Well, I went ahead and booked everything for Paris to surprise him for a late birthday since we couldn t celebrate together. He flies in on Tuesday and we fly out to Paris Wednesday so I need a super quick (but cute) way to reveal the surprise with out just saying "oh by the way, we re going to Paris!" Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• I agree with the French theme idea...begin with a French kiss and tell him just before you smooch that you're about to give him a hint of his birthday surprise. You can use food, wine, art....Keep it up until he guesses!

• the night he arrives...make a 'french' theme kinda night....romantic dinner for 2 with wine..try speak a lil french with him...then when the night is simmering down n u two are going to bed as the next day you fly to paris*..whisper in his ear in french.... we're going to paris*.......google how to say it* ENJOY TRIP* he's gnna be over the moon*

• Don't tell him. Let him figure it out when he sees what gate you go to at the airport. :)

• I love stuff like this, but I can never think of good ideas! The ultimate, of course (which I did once) is not tell him at all. Just play it by ear and get to the airport. If he says something like "but this flight is going to Paris", then say "oops, I must have messed up!".

The trip I did this on was a shorter one in the US, but it worked really well. My bf was sort of comatose and not paying attention until the we were taking off and they announced "we'll be landing in New Orleans in 2 hours". He heard that and panicked thinking we were on the wrong flight. Everyone around us was cracking up.

But it's a gutsy move.

• That's fvcking stupid.

• Hmm! Very thoughtful however italy is special!