Which Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor is FASTER/NEWER.?

The Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P8600

(3M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)

Or the

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6600

(4M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)

I want to know if i will be able to play MW3.

Comments

• The P8600 is a laptop processor- it's slightly less powerful than the desktop E6600. They rank #109 and #103 respectively.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Ben...

But for gaming, forget the laptop. 75% of your gaming performance depends upon upon your graphics card, and with desktops you're free to install whatever card (and power supply) your game requires. Laptop graphics cards are slower and cannot be upgraded.

For a new build, don't waste money on any Core 2 Duo. The Core i3 2100 is far better.

• The E6600 will be better because it has more cache memory. BF3's recommended specs are to have a quad core processor, so you'd be better off with a Core2Quad Q6600 or higher if you need an LGA775 processor. If you're building a new computer then skip the LGA775 processors and buy a Core i5/i7 and matching motherboard instead.

Edit, you said MW3, not BF3 didn't you. Still, the quads are a lot better.

• MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS for MW3

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X38750 processor or better

Memory: 16 GB free hard drive space / 2GB RAM

Video Card: Shader 3.0 or better 256 MB NVIDIA®GeForce™ 8600GT / ATI® Radeon™ X1950 or better

Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0C or later

The E6600 is a little bit faster bec of its 4mb cache. you could play MW3 with this but don't expect too much, maybe in lowest settings. RAM and videocard would also play an impt role in gaming

• They are both dual core and equal speed, the only difference is the cache. The one with 4M cache would perform slightly better, but if its significantly more expensive, don't bother.