How much do accountants charge?

If I hire an accountant to manage my finances, investments, estate, taxes, etc... how much do they usually charge yearly? Is it based on a percentage of my yearly income? Is it a pre determined fee which we negotiate?

Comments

• Unless you have a lot of money they will charge you by the hour.

• How Much Do Accountants Charge

• I recommend that any accountant that you contact, you negotiate up front the fee. The more complex the return, the more money they are going to charge. If you have a lot of stock sales (more than 5), more than 5 deductions, property you own, etc. This will probably cost more like $600. Also if you're married and your wife also works, then there's more work to do.

If you have a relatively straight forward 1040 but you're just unsure about doing your own taxes, take it to H&R block or one of those services.

• If you have a pretty simple tax return, you should be able to get an accountant to do it that only charges 200-300 dollars. However, you should know that most tax accountants charge per hour, and that fee can range anywhere from $75 - $400 per hour. So, it just depends on how complicated the return is and how expensive the accountant is who does your return.

• Mine charges $230.00 to do my taxes.