Car Problem??? 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix?

If I'm at a stop sign and get on the gas I'll go for about a hundred yards and the car will die. As I'm coasting i can easily get the car started back up. Same goes for short trips. I'll shut the car off to get gas, but when i start it back up and put in in gear it will die. I'll wait 10 seconds and everything will be fine and I'm on my way. New plugs and wires and fuel pump within the past three years. Any ideas besides a new car? Thanks

Update:

3.4L. Still have normal gas mileage

Comments

• 3.8 L engine Crank angle(shaft) sensor

3.1 or 3.4 ? cam sensor

Test fuel pump pressure at the fuel rail.

Possible causes listed above.

A computer data scanner is needed( not a code reader)to find this trouble.

• verify the cooling followers artwork wen they could. Watch them with the hood up. at the same time as the engine receives warm the electric powered fan could come on. If it would not, turn o the air conditioner and see if the radiator fan comes on then- which will teach no matter if it truly is the fan that works or no longer. If it comes on, the fan relay is undesirable- replace it. If this solves no longer something, take the motor vehicle to the shop. do no longer run the motor vehicle interior the overheated state. do no longer placed coolant interior the radiator at the same time as the engine is warm until eventually you've the engine operating and also you upload it slowly and intently so the radiator would not spit steam and warm water on you and scald you. If the coolant aspect keeps goig down, there's a leak that favor to be fixed.

• Had similar problems on two different cars for different reasons. First one was debris blocking the gas tank fuel line. Second one was the hot/cold air flap in the air intake was stuck in the cold position.

• it sounds like a map sensor or a maf sensor.