How is my intro paragraph?

In "The Road," by Cormac McCarthy and "Cat's Cradle," by Kurt Vonnegut, the characters are put to the ultimate test of surviving the apocalyptic situation that they are put in. In "The Road," a father and son duo are placed in post-apocalyptic setting and have to do whatever it takes to survive and reach the coast even though the odds achieving this goal are slim to none. In "Cat's Cradle," The narrator, John, is trying to write a book about the atom bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima and to achieve this he talks to the friends and family of the man who helped create the bomb who was named Felix. During his quest to unveil the truth, John runs into unexpected turns and has to learn about the process of creating the atom bomb the hard way. There are themes that both of these novels share such as the inevitable apocalypse and that at the end, no matter what situation one is put in, it all boils down to family and sticking together until the end. Although these novels had some similar themes, they had major differences such as what part of the story the apocalypse actually took place in and the result of both apocalypses occurring.

Comments

• I think you have a good start! I see a few punctuation/grammatical errors, and I feel some of your sentences could be a bit more concise. However, I think you have a good start. It's hard to edit anything using this answer box because you can not differentiate my words from yours easily. If you want to sent me your writing to my email, I would be more than happy to edit your paper more directly! You can find my direct email on the top of my website- it's the little mail icon in the top right! Good luck!

http://www.adventuresoflitgirl.com/need-writing-he...