how do you write a book report?

what is the correct hierarchy to write a book report?

i mean, what should the first sentence/paragraph be about? then the content? what about the ending?

(the book is about a study on the quran and science, if they match or not.

so its is both religious and scientific. So there is not characters in the book)

Comments

• You'd better use a word processor with grammar and writing style correction options

A spell checker is mandatory too

The first thing should be the name of the book, author, publisher, copyright date, edition # If there is one & ISBN.

See my sources for more info

Learn how to use search engines (last source) so you can start looking this stuff up yourself instead of waiting for strangers to help out, maybe possibly perhaps and often with half-baked answers like mine, although the first source looks very useful.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

• This normally my layout for a book report - hope it helps :)

Introduction - Say what two books you are reviewing, who wrote it, mention one similarity and difference between them. Oh, and also say what themes are involved in the books.

1st paragraph - Pick one similarity between the books and expand on your point and give examples.

2nd paragraph - Pick a difference and do the same thing as the 1st paragraph.

3rd paragraph - Say if the differences outweigh the similarities (or the other way around), but make sure you don't just say your opinion (save that for the conclusion).

Conclusion - Get your own opinion across, if you feel that they match or not.

Here are some notes about what you should do all the way through -

Use connectives: In my opinion, Clearly this shows... (ect.)

Never speak in first person until the conclusion.

Make sure your intro is really clear and just gets across what you want it to say. Don't jazz it up just say it as it is, it reads so much better.