Do you like "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay?

This Song:

(skip 1:20 in and you'll recognize it)

Comments

• Yea i love it :)

Its one of my new favorites the beat is awesome and so are the lyrics

live the life!

• Yes, I absolutely love it and have a bit of an obsession with the song. I listen to it at least 20 times per day if not more, and know every single word to the song.

• I found this analysis a few weeks ago, and I strongly agreed with it, hope you do to... If we analize the lyrics, the song has obvious biblical references and I think it's a song about Jesus Christ. I used to rule the world Seas would rise when I gave the word Now in the morning I sweep alone Sweep the streets I used to own All catholics should know that Jesus Christ gave the word and he controlled the seas - I think that the line now in the morning I sweep alone clearly means that Jesus Christ was betrayed and had to endure many things alone! The first verse is talking about a decline from wealth and fame to a nobody, just like Jesus Christ experienced on his life! He used to be a king, but he had to die for all human beings..So on a certain way he turned over his kingship (I used to rule the world). Clear reference of someone giving God kingship over his life. I used to roll the dice Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes Listen as the crowd would sing, "Now the old king is dead, long live the king!" One minute I held the key Next the walls were closed on me And I discovered that my castles stand Upon pillars of salt, pillars of sand The line upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand, possibly is a reference to the sermon on the mount where Jesus speaks of a wise man building is house on a rock while the foolish man builds his house on the sand, only to be washed away. Those days, there were different kings! Ones thought the king was Jesus Christ himself, others thought the king was the Roman authority and other thought the king was the Jewish priests. I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing Roman Cavalry choirs are singing Be my mirror my sword and shield My missionaries in a foreign field For some reason I can't explain Once you know there was never, never an honest word That was when I ruled the world Jerusalem bells and Roman Cavalry, it's obvious it's a biblical allusion. I think the line Be my mirror my sword and shield, it's a praying to God for strength. Also, the line my missionaries in a foreign field, has to do with the idea of taking the message of God and Jesus Christ all around the world. Finally, never an honest word, meaning the betrayal to Jesus Christ and his subsequent death. I know St. Peter won't call my name, referring to the fact that Saint Peter denied Jesus 3 times. It was the wicked and wild wind Blew down the doors to let me in Shattered windows and the sound of drums People couldn't believe what I'd become Revolutionaries wait For my head on a silver plate Just a puppet on a lonely string Oh who would ever wanna be king? This could be a reference to John the Baptist of the New Testament. In The Book of Mark, John is noted as the one that comes before Jesus to announce His coming to Earth. A lot of people thought he (John) was going to be their Messiah, however he corrected them and told them that it was the One after him that would fill that role. I, also, argue that point because it is said somewhere that John's head was brought to king Herod on a Silver Platter. Blew down the doors to let me in, meaning when Jesus Christ got furious because they turned the temple into a market! EDIT: After thinking about it, the line "The old king is dead, long live the king" could be a reference to Jesus being on the cross. All of the people mocking him, and King of Jews above his head.

• I loved that song since I heard the 30 sec preview Itunes thing on American Idol (the one time I watch that show ;)

• Yes, I love that song. I've loved it ever since I heard it on Apple iTunes commercial.

I especially like the lyrics and the story the song tells. You can't hear lyrics like that on any other song.

• I absolutely love that song. Listening to it right now!

• I listened to it on the radio today, and I will have to get used to it. I'm not so sure right now. Sorry, I know you love Coldplay.

• Yessss... but I liked the old coldplay better :-(

I like the more hardcore alternative (COBRA STARSHIP FO LIFE Y'ALL haha)

• yeah. I just got it a couple days go, acutally. Its good.