Do Siberian Huskies run away frequently?

I heard they do, thats why i always keep mine on a runner. Me and my boyfriend live on 7 acres of land, and i let all of my other dogs run free. I want to let my Husky run too because she hates being tied up and needs more exercise. Shes only about 7 months old and she loves to run and play. How can i train her to stay in the yard until were able to put up a fence? All my other dogs run off to go in the woods, swim in ponds, etc. but always come back. Im afraid she wont if i let her go with them?

Comments

• I had always heard anecdotally from other people that huskies love to roam. I got a husky last winter and, sure enough, she runs away at the drop of a hat. Now she is on a leash at all times unless she's in fenced-in area. We take her for a 3 mile walk twice a day with shorter walks throughout the day to make sure she gets enough exercise.

• Two of my friends have huskies and they always get out of the yard and run away but they always come back i would say try it see what your huskies does don't go on what other people say you must trust your dog.

• Sibes need to run. They can go many miles before realizing they are far from home, because running is the thing. That and killing smaller moving animals. Hook her to your bicycle or go jogging and put her on an extend-a-lead.

• The only way you will know if she'll stick around is to try her out. Allow her off leash when you are able to supervise.