Houserentals.com scam?

Is it possible to have scammers on houserentals.com like they scam on Craigslist? I found a rather decent house for $1000 but when they said Utilities included I thought it was too good to be true. So it brought me to the question, is houserentals.com open for anyone anywhere to post anything like they do on Craigslist? Or is it an actual site that requires SOME validation before you post?

Comments

• I'm almost certain it's the first case; user contributions without checking, or very basic bg check. So yeah; what I gathered is that you're pretty much on your own. I'm assuming also the site merely gets a percentage cut of the deal, or it's paid by individual posts ala ads. There even wasn't any info on that either. Their homepage didn't inspire any good security vibes too. Worst yet, was the fact that there wasn't any info at all on the About page. The Terms of Services were too basic and generic. And the FAQ was incomplete and useless. However, I managed to fetch a couple of useful links that though a little more reassuring; still felt short of scope and satisfaction, for the serious deal service that is supposed to be provided. They are listed at the Source's links. At least, were better than nothing...

• I tried calling the number. Got some automated message: "google subscriber isn't available". Most certainly a scam....SO frustrating that there isn't more protection for people.