specialized hardrock sport disc 29 Vs. Trek 4300 disc?

I am about to buy a bike and am deciding between these two bikes. and was just wondering which one is better they both have the same warranty and cost about the same. so any input is much appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• man that's a tough question,both are good bikes,myself i am leaning toward the trek only because i am a little leary of 29'ers. its that tire/tube availability thing .

• As a Trek dealer, I would have to say Trek. BUT The reason why we are a Trek dealer is because they are slightly better than Specialized. ;) Trek is the #1 retail store brand name in America, by the numbers. It's true they often go head to head with Specialized. Seriously though, the Trek is the better buy for your dollar, when people come into the store with questions like these, and they buy a 3900, they never come back months later and say "My wallet is too heavy, I wish I had paid $70 more for that Specialized". When you're dealing with entry level bikes outfitted with disc brakes, there's not going to be any difference really, other than cost..