idea for documentary photography project?

for my photo class, we have an assignment to document a person, event, experience, etc.

it can be of anything, but it needs to be something i can do again if it doesn't turn out well the first time

issues (such as poverty) aren't ideal because i don't live in an area with many interesting issues

thank you!

Comments

• Out of my own interest, I made a series of photos of shadows. I felt that the shadow of an object was how the sun was seeing it, almost like the sun's own photograph of the thing. People, boats, TV arials, anything. That probably isn't what you are looking for but it was an involving study.

How about "breakfast?" Extreme close-ups, macro lens, someone's hand holding a spoon, milk being poured, steaming tea being stirred. Perhaps in Monochrome. The purpose of photography is to make people think differently about things. Here we are having breakfast, a ritual that everybody performs in automatic mode all over the country. The Zen of breakfast is to be aware, to experience the crackle of the cereal bag being opened, the slosh of milk, crunch of sugar. Hey, I might get my camera out tomorrow morning!