-4y/2y^2/3 ... help simple algebra problem?

Instruction: simplify each expression. Write answer without negative exponents.

I kinda have an idea how to solve this problem but i dunno if my answer is correct so if someone can show me the step by step, i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

-4y

-------

2y^2/3

the ^2/3 is an exponent

Comments

• -4y

-------

2y^2/3

= (-4y)^3 / (2y)^2

= - 64y^3/ 4y^2

= -16y

• word that what you're given is the comparable term squared. (x + 9)(x + 9) = (x + 9)² bear in mind right here formula: (a + b)² = a² + 2ab + b² Given: (x + 9)² ability: a = x, b = 9 Plug those values into the formula. (x + 9)² = (x)² + 2(x)(9) + (9)² = x² + 18x + 80 one answer: x² + 18x + 80 one ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~` at times you will are available the process polynomials that tournament a particular development. hint: Memorize those frequently occurring factoring formula suited sq. binomials: (a + b)² = a² + 2ab + b² (a - b)² = a² - 2ab + b² distinction of two suited squares: (a - b)(a + b) = a² - b² Sum of two suited cubes: a³ + b³ = (a + b)(a² - ab + b²) distinction of two suited cubes: a³ - b³ = (a - b)(a² + ab + b²) word that the formula for the desirable cubes are almost the comparable, however the signs and indications are diverse. you ought to use the cleansing soap mnemonic to bear in mind the signs and indications. S = the 1st sign is often the comparable as a results of fact the sign between the two cubes O = the 2d sign is often the different as a results of fact the sign between the two cubes AP = The final sign is often beneficial

• -4 / 2y^1/3

-2 / y^1/3