How do you use Parental Controls to block websites?

Hey, I'm 29 and I'm not really all that into computers. My 10-year-old son got a 68% on his Report Card in Math, so I grounded him for a week.

Trouble is, I don't get home from work until 6 o'clock, and he comes home from the bus at 3. He plays computer games on his computer and I want to know how to block those websites.

I don't want to completely take the computer away because he might need it for research. But I need to know how can i block Arcade/Game websites from his computer?

His laptop uses Internet Explorer on a HP

Comments

• you need either vista or windows 7. first you need to make an administrator account for YOURSELF. make yourself a password and go on control panel-user accounts-set up parental controls. first you have to makesure your son isnt an adminastrator himself. but you can easily make him standard or limited. you just need to know your password. they will automatically prompt you to make him limited if you click on his account. then there will be a page where you can do WHATEVER you want with him. theres time limits, web restrictions, if he watches you know stuff... you can look at his history(just check record web history)

Oh windows 7 can only set time limits and game restrictions. vista is better if you want total domination

• If I understand you wisely, you won't be able to. My dad's buddy had a difficulty with this and had to easily reinstall each little thing because of the fact it grew to become into getting on his nerves and purely slowed each little thing down.