2004 dodge ram - how can you disengage stuck extra cab door?

Suddenly the back door on my dodge ram refuses to open. I tried to figure out how to get the latch to disengage, but nothing I've done works. The handles pull on the inside & out side, but I noticed at the top of the door, it's not pulling the latch away. This is the jpassenger side -- of course the side I use most. I don't have the $$ right now to take this in to get if fixed and was wondering if any one out there had any ideas.

Comments

• if you can get the door panel off it ,there's a rod that goes down to the latch on it that's came off or the latch has broken on it,that's the only two things i know of that will cause it not to open from the inside or the out side of it,i have reached down through the door with a slim jim and tripped the lock part of it and got them to open this way,but its hard and its time consuming,and most of the time you just wind up messing the rubber seal up on the outside of the door and still not getting it open but it may be something you want to try as a last alternative,good luck with it.