Does coffee dehydrate you?

Coffee is mostly water so how would it dehydrate you?

Comments

• Caffeine is a natural diuretic so yes it does dehydrate you. If you're addicted to it (like myself...DOH!!) be sure to drink plenty of water to replace the water lost.

• nicely, i'm uncertain approximately caffeine dehydrating you yet think of approximately it. coffee is made out of water. How would desire to that dehydrate you? whether it particularly is actual that coffee dehydrates you, i might say that it is the caffeine and not the coffee itself.

• coffee does not truly dehydrate you - it is not a diuretic as someone said here - diuretics make you lose body water

too much coffee is however toxic

and it does irritate your bladder which makes you want to urinate more frequently and with more urgency!

• YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!! yea.. it has alot of water but it has cafein, duhhh! well you probably know me, I'm the one who always asks all those water questions and always writes that on peeps questions. If you don't know me then I'm kouertney but I preferr to be called Skittles! Well drink 2-8 GALLONS of water a DAY! that's what I do and I've been loosing wieght like crazy but I"m fine. u should try. Click my avatar to learn more about me and then e-mail me so I could help u with you're problem. adios...

• Yea, i would think so because all that caffine.Maybe you can consider to drink less caffine.Sometimes its all bad for you.

• yeah, i think so....