What does Pandora's Box contain?

Please, no gross answers. Thank you. =)

Update:

Comments

• Pandora had been given a large jar and instruction by Zeus to keep it closed, but she had also been given the gift of curiosity, and ultimately opened it. When she opened it, all of the evils, ills, diseases, and burdensome labor that mankind had not known previously, escaped from the jar, but it is said, that at the very bottom of her box, there lay hope.

( I like that part! ) ( :

• You could parallel the story of Pandora's box to the story of Adam and Eve. Pandora was said to be the first woman as was Eve. Eve ate from the tree of knowledge which caused the downfall of man and Pandora opened the box to unleash evil upon man... so if you followed this parallel, the answer to that question could be answered Biblically. The seven deadly sins: Greed, Sloth, Gluttony, Envy, Pride, Wrath, and Lust. Every culture has some version of this story.

• The God Zeus fell in Love and married Pandora. He had one condition. He gave her a box as a gift that was never allowed to open. They were happy for a long time but soon Pandora was overcome with curiosity about what was in the darn box.

She opened the box and let out disease, despair, malice, greed, death, hatred, war and a few other really crappy things but she slammed it shut before Hope could get out.

SO....1. You don't want open Pandora's Box because it really can't be good.

2. It is also sometimes said that when bad things happen that Hope is all we have.

SarahJane

• If you listen to history very little for she opened the box and released into the world all evil. Some say that all that is in the box now is hope.

• We have a store called Pandora's Box in the city i live in....and it's an adult store.

• Pandoras lady towels

• Pandora's Retirement nest egg.

• A two week old, moldy sandwich (peanut butter and skittles of course), abandoned and forgotten in the depths of her disorganized school bag until the holidays draw to an end, when it's sweet revenge slaps her in the face in the form of a violent-bowl-moving stench...

Well, that's what I think anyway......

• A locket with picture of Pandora And Her Beloved.

• The Briefcase from Pulp Fiction. In other words, a MacGuffin.