Can I keep my acrylic nails as a carer?

Iv just got a new job as a carer for the elderly iv always had acrylic nails although theyv been kept very short with just a White tip but it's my training Monday and want to make a good impression shall I have them soaked off even though my nails are prob rough & damaged or do you think they will be ok aslong as kept short & neutral?

Comments

• Usually the healthcare industry strictly forbids acrylic nails due to claims they harbor bacteria. I love my acrylics too and would be hesitant to give them up. I know I've seen a few nurses with acrylics and my dental hygienist has fairly long acrylics far past her fingertips but of course she wears gloves so I let her work on me. I think you can keep them and even keep the white tips but you'll need to wear them really short like fingertip length and not past. Should be okay. Just keep your hands really clean.

• I think acrylic nails look really professional when they're a simple short white tip. Better than damaged nails anyway!

• Personally I would keep them. There's nothing wrong with displaying that you have a sense of hygiene and make efforts into looking nice! Your nails don't affect who you are or how well you perform your job, so there's no reason you can't keep them.

And if anything, I doubt anyone will notice them--if they do, it's probably a compliment!

• It just depends on your own lifestyle... and your daily activities... Me personally I keep my nail at about a quarter inch from the tips of my fingers because I type all day

• Well long nails are attractive... but to make it look sexy, put red nail gloss on.... now thats attractive hun!

• yes im sure it will be okay (: well i dont see why not.. its not like your gunna go and have like large lion claws or anything lol