My new computer has a problem.?

To start off, I will explain that my mother purchased a cyberpowerpc in april to have a computer in the house that can play any game that I own/would like to own in the future. However, sometime in may, about a month into owning the computer, I had a strange problem. Minecraft would lag SEVERELY, skyrim would get red squares all over the screen and the screen would then go black saying "no signal", causing me to restart the computer. The problem with the red squares staggering all across the computer screen occurs immediately when I try to play rift. It happens at about five minutes into world of warcraft, perfect world international, alice madness returns, and forsaken world. At one point my computer was able to recover itself on its own, but it displayed a message saying "Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 296.10 stopped responding and has successfully recovered." I contacted NVIDIA, but the help they were giving me wasn't very helpful. They gave me a link to update the driver, that didn't work. Then they gave me a link to download an older version "to determine issues". Nothing is helping, and they told me to contact game companies. This is really making me worry, as my computer has an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz processor, 8.00 GB of memory (RAM), and a 64 bit windows 7 operating system. Could it be that I need to change something in the bios settings? Is there something I can change in my computer's settings/configuration to fix this issue? Should I update my motherboard? haha..i'm so lost O.O In any case, thank you for trying to help me if you do. I will really appreciate all the help I can get.

Oh, and one more thing I neglected to mention. Very occasionally, I will experience my screen going pink and laggy when browsing the web, like watching a youtube video.

Update:

UPDATE: The video card I am using is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Comments

• Either the video card is not powerful enough to play the game, or it is going defective. Since it seems to happen with all games, the video card is my suspicion...

Check what kind of video card you have first (that would have helped us figure this out). Make sure any extra power connectors for the video (PCI-E 6 pin) are plugged in firmly. Try changing the slot the video card is in, if you have an extra PCI-Expressx16 slot (some systems do not).

Also, it is possible that if this happens only when gaming (higher power usage), the power supply is not large enough to power the video card. Again, we are missing information to determine if it is video, power supply or something else....

• I have seen this happen before. There are 3 possible reasons why

1. The video card is defective/fried

2. The motherboard is defective/fried

3. The power supply is defective/fried or no enough for the system

Try opening the system and cleaning any possible dust.

• Established on what you say. It can be difficult to determine what the drawback is. You did not say whether you're using excessive speed or dial or wi-fi. If you are making use of a wi-fi internet, it might be signal barrier challenge. If you are utilising excessive pace, it would be adware hassle, if dial up, could be bandwidth challenge. If you happen to have been using you computer ok earlier than. I do not believe it is computer limitation. Modem power surge hindrance can be viable.

• This computer is under warranty send it back whilst i could fix the problem for you it could invalidate your warranty its only a couple of months old send it back .

• graphics card may be defective, what card are you using btw?