Does Temporary Hair Dye cause damage?

Hey~~ So I was planning on putting this dye at the ends of my hair. However, I do not want it to cause damage to my ends. So, will it? Even if it's temporary? http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Accessories/HairD...

Let me know :) Also, how would I apply it? Thanks again!!

Comments

• Hot topic usually sells gentle, vegan temporary color such as manic panic. I haven't tried blackheart yet but overall, most temporary dyes won't cause damage, although if you wanted to get a true, bright teal you may need to bleach your ends and then apply the color and bleach can be really damaging. Without bleach it will probably still show up blue but not nearly as teal as the color in the bottle. I'm going to assume it's a cream and basically to apply it you would just put some on your fingertips and put it on your hair, plastic gloves can help with the mess. Since you're just dying the tips of your hair you won't really need a brush and bowl or anything of that nature.

• No it won't damage your hair. Its only temporary and your not touching your roots so no. Hope I helped! xo

• it probably wont but if it does just get a slight haircut to get your hair pretty again.

• naw, it should'nt :) even if it does, it's only your ends so you can easily get a trim and your hair will be fine!