Traveling from Sacramento to San Francisco Airport via train, how to transfer from Amtrak to BART?

I need to get from Sacramento to San Francisco Airport by train. I have read that using Capitol Corridor Amtrak then BART is good. Is the best way to do this by taking CC Amtrak to Coliseum / Oak Airport ) then get onto BART? My question is, is it hard to get from CC Amtrak to the BART? Are they physically close? Do I have to walk? Bus? Thanks so much!

Comments

• it would actually be easier to transfer at richmond instead of the coliseum. the amtrak and bart station are the same place. you could transfer at the coliseum as well...but you would be doing some back tracking. you the bart station and the train station are next to each other, you would need to walk up the people bridge and into bart station.

• Amtrak Sacramento To San Francisco

• I agree with Lisa H. Take Capitol Corridor train to Richmond station, switch to BART train in same location and take BART into San Francisco.

• I agree with Flower, take Capitol Corridor train to Richmond station, switch to BART train in same location and take BART into San Francisco.

• I agree with Lisa; use the Richmond station.

You'll need to take the Fremont BART train and transfer at the MacArthur station to a SF/Millbrae train. There are station agents there to help you, but it's pretty easy. The station's not very big.

• Sacramento To Sfo

• It's possible, but I'm not 100%

• Its better to take the SFO train coz that is direct , while Millbrae it will give u wasted time.

• yes there is a bart line that is specifically called "SFO" you will see it on the wall

• I think so