How do you cook Carne Asada...?

I don't own a grill or grill pan, but I want to make Carne Asada. So, do I have to have a grill to cook it?

Comments

• You don't need a grill to cook it, but that is the best way to do it (from my experience). If you do it in a pan, use as little oil as possible and keep the temp nice and hot. This will prevent rubbery asada. Good luck and happy eating!

• My uncle is from Guatemala and he showed me how to make an awesome CA. Just make sure you marinate it for about 1-2 hours before cooking:

Juice from 1/2 an orange

Juice from 1/2 a lemon

Juice from 1/2 lime

Some cilantro

2-3 cloves of minced garlic

1/2 an onion, slivered

1/2 a beer (the other 1/2 you drink)

slpash of red wine vinegar

Put it all in a ziplock bag. You can broil it in the oven in some foil. Be careful because it shouldn't take that long. OR use a pan on the stove. Because the meat is thin, it shouldn't take that long. You can add Ceviche as a side dish. My recipe follows. You can keep or leave the shrimp in the recipe. Good luck.

Cooked Shrimp cut into pieces

1/4-1/2 bunch Cilantro-chopped

1/4-1/2 Onion or 1 small onion-diced

2-3 Tomatoes-diced

3-4 limes

Salt and pepper

Stir everything together. The reason for more or less on the ingredients, is how much or how big of each ingredient. It's really all about the shrimp. You can eat by itself or with chips. Oh, and if you don't like a ton of lime, I would start out with one, and taste. Add more if there isn't much lime taste.

• Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

1 lb flank steak

4 red, green or yellow peppers, stemmed and seeded

1 onion, peeled

1 tablespoon oil

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

Preparation:

Slice the steak into 1/2 inch strips, cut against the grain of the meat. Slice the peppers and onions into 1/4 inch strips.

Heat the oil in a large frying pan and begin to cook meat. Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper and continue to cook over medium high heat until the meat cooks out the juices. Add in the peppers and onions and cover for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and continue to cook until juices have reduced, meat is cooked and peppers and onions are limp and translucent.