How to control servos for a costume?

I started working on my halloween costume and for some god forsaken reason i've decided to make it as complicated as i can. Im making a replica iron man suit that i will wear full with a whole bunch of bells and whistles. I want to make the helmet open up with the push of a button and a few other areas open up with buttons as well.

I want to make the helmet open mechanically and im planing on using servos. The issue is that i've never messed around with servos and im totatlly lost. I have a friend who gave me a pololu microcontroller so that i can connect the servos to it and program them but my question is after i have programmed them how do i go about making it work with buttons.

When I push a specific button i want the specific servo to move in which ever way i have programmed it to therefor giving me the effect that i want. What do i need to make this work? To my understanding i need something that sends a signal (remote control/ button/ etc), something that receives the signal (the microcontroller) so that it can process the command and send it to the right servo. What would my remote be in this case?

Comments