Serious Hair Problem?

I've been having this problem for almost a year now!

I used to have dandruff, so I started using Selsun shampoo daily. I also shower and wash my hair daily with hot water. For the past year my hair feels fine in the morning after I shower, but at night it starts to itch, mainly the back of my head, above the ear sort of. The problem isn't just the itching, its that when I put my fingers in my hair I can feel little clumps on the base of my scalp. When I 'pick' at them (it's kind of like picking at a scab?) I can kind of peel it off and when I look at my hands its just clumps of flakes. This is extremely annoying every single night I feel itchy and scratching causes these flake like pieces to fall out of my hair making a mess as well.

I was told that I should try switching shampoos, and so I switched to head and shoulders dandruff and for a month everything was fine, no itchyness.. but now its back. I was also told not to wash/wet my hair every day and I tried that but it's hard not to when my head gets all itchy after being dry for 10hours. Sometimes it itches so much that I end up scratching to where it bleeds just slightly.. nothing much at all.. but still. I'm sure my scalp is also dry because of showering daily with hot water, and my hair is probably losing all its natural oils because of this, but not washing my hair daily causes this itching to be even worse! What should I do?

Comments

• Any shampoo either Selsun or any damn shampoo should not use directly to ur hair. must be diluted with water.

apply hair oil to your hair and massage well at least 30 mins b4 your head bath.

to get rid off flakes and itches first you bald your hair and apply neem leaves paste / neem oil regularly in the nights at least for 30 days.( till your hair grow)

Good luck.

• sounds like you might have excema. i had a similar problem and i found that tar shampoo ((i think it's called T-GEL or something like that)) works really well for me. you can get it at any beauty supply or grocery store. if anything you can visit your doctor or a dermatologist and they can prescribe a shampoo/conditioner that will help. also when you shampoo do not scrub vigorously it will make the problem worse, instead gently massage your scalp.

you DO NOT need to "bald" your head, as described above.

• My friend use to have this situation, she had to switch every shampoo that doesn't work. My friend went to the doctors, and gave her new shampoo and patches for her arms to balance her oils on her hair, i would advise you go to the doctors and ask something about it :)

• you need to use The Paul Mitchel Straightener Serum. It relatively help to make it relatively comfortable and shinny. once you're having issues of the ends, positioned greater Serum on the tip. and don't straighten you're hair to annoying once you get on the brink of the backside. it could make your ends relatively broken and finally end up frizzy and you gets to the factor the place you are able to pull the ends of your hair relatively softly and it will purely come out.

• Maybe it's because you're washing your hair in too hot water? Try using warm water which isn't too hot. I don't know though, maybe you want to see a dermatologist. Good luck! :)