Civil Service Exam (Police Trainee)?

I'm taking the Civil Service exam soon and I can not find anything that could help me study for it.

I've talked to a few Officers and they both just simply said it's sort of like an SAT but then not really...

One officer described a section of the test where you would choose the right picture of a handgun to the name.

I realize the exams are a little bit different to each state but I'm sure they're basically the same some what. Any information at all that could get me a little bit higher score would be very helpful. This will be my first time to take the exam.

Comments

• I am not sure but you are going to be very disappointed :(

The government is greatly reducing the size of our police force with much fewer officers and smaller forces and at present there is no police recruitment for at least the next 5 years! The idea is to rely more on crime prevention, technology and social tolerance and understanding rather than actual policing.

The civil service too like all the public sector is being gradually phased out and replaced by private sector and big business.

To give the whole picture our uk public sector is shrinking and any recruitment is scarce.

• Both, in California, our test are specific for the departments but also consist of material given through the CA Police Officer Standards and Training, AKA POST. As well as learning material given at some of the academies.

• Go to the bookstore in your area they all sell practice test for this and other professions as well. There about $35 but worth it.