Is the Picasso's portrait resembling reality?

Do you think the portrait Picasso painted to Gertrude Stein resembles her a lot?

http://culturexy.blogspot.com/2008/03/portrait-and...

Comments

• Potraits have always been pretty much touch and go in my opinion.....This is Picasso's style and in his mind, it was probably a great likeness of her without a doubt.

I recall the days when I used to work in a correctional facility and an i/m would be drawing a picture of another i/m's wife or girlfriend....Now he already had the photograph....so what was the point of the drawing.....HE WANTED IT TO LOOK BETTER.....and that usually did not happen....It did cause problems from time to time.....SO...in the world of potrait drawing.....IS BEAUTY IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER? I have always found potraits difficult....I draw images...not people....GOD bless you and happy drawing....if indeed you do draw......Nomadic

• I don't think he was trying to make it look totally like her. That would make for a somewhat boring compostition. Maybe he was trying to capture her dark personality and deep thinking in this painting. If so, then yes, it does resemble her alot.

• EYES ARE VERY DIFFERENT. IN THE PICTURE, THE PERSON LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE SPANISH.

• Totally! beedy eyes and roman nose.....