93 ford F150 tranny issues?

K, i just got a big ol 93 Ford F150 XLT that im ganna be goin muddin with... only issues, i need shackles and dont know the best ones also a good deal on some leaf springs so i can jack it up about 6 inches, cuz i kinda wanna stay road legal at the same time, and heres my other problem, the tranny... my friend just put a rebuilt from oil pan up 351 V8, but my tranny aint workin the greatest, had no issues with it before, but now when i put it into drive, it doesnt wanna move, also with reverse, but if i just let it sit for a little bit, i can put it into drive and drive it for like half a mile and the tranny will start actin stupid again, could any one help me with this problem, thanks

Comments

• you will need to find a new tranny or you can get it rebuilt for 800$-1200$ but the salvage yard is the cheapest. you can get one for 200$-350$ and would cost about 200$ to install at your local garage

• How chilly is it outdoors has a touching on this concern. some fords have too powerful of a radiator and without blocking off many of the air flowing by using then the heater gadget in basic terms would not artwork. I even have got here upon it extra effective to in basic terms block an element off then to replace thermostats etc. What i'm asserting is that perhaps the engine isn't getting warm adequate for the heater to artwork.

• needs a trans

• try adjusting your shift control.