How do I copy files to a blank CD?

My computers getting a bit overloaded with too much stuff and saying it's got low disc space and theres some videos and photos that I want to copy to a CD. I have some blank discs but everytime I try it says theres an error. Then when i quit it says that there are files waiting to be written to the CD but it just doesnt work when I try it. I can put files on floppy discs but not blank CDs.

Do I need special software to copy files to a CD or am I just supposed to be able to put a blank CD in and transfer the files from my computer?

Thanks

Comments

• Are you sure you have a cd burner or dvd burner? If you have a dvd burner, it will also burn cds. To know if you have a cd/dvd burner, look on the drive and see if it says anywhere "CD-R or DVD+-R". If you can't find it there, you could check device manager. On Win 7 you can just type in the search prompt on the start menu "device manager" and it will open it up. There you can expand the "DVD/CD-ROM drives" section and see if you have CD-R or DVD+-R.

Assuming you have all that stuff, you need to actually get a program that will let you burn cds/dvds. A good free one is called CDBurnerXP. It's free and it works. I have used it to burn numerous cds before, but I'm pretty sure it handles DVDs too.

http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home (You can get cd burner xp here)

• I even have windowsXP I basically insert a sparkling CD into the CD rigidity, top click on the document I want to placed on the CD, opt for deliver to, opt for E rigidity. and deliver. i assume it is by way of fact I even have Roxio i'm able to upload extra records on that CD every time I want.

• "Copying" the files to the "CD" actually copies them to a temporary folder on your hard drive. Windows tells you that there are files waiting to be written to the disk. You have to tell it to go ahead and write them.