dad a cop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

does anyone who as a cop in there family ever get scared sometimes?

i get scared just because i don't know if something has ever happened at his work. so does anyone else get scared sometimes???

Comments

• My dad is a police officer and I try not to worry because that is what I want to be when I'm old enough and I know he try's his best to not let anything happen to him. When I was younger he would usually get sent to the hospital once a year but now I guess he is more careful since he has been on the force longer. and up until last month he hasn't been injured on duty in at least 5 years. I think you just have to trust you dad that he is going to be okay and try is best not to get injured.

• Nah... They are highly trained. My Grandfather is a Retired Captain from the Connecticut State Police, and my uncle is a Retired Lieutenant From the CSP as well. they always made it home at the end of their shifts, unless they had to work overtime, which happened almost all the time. Sometimes theyd be gone for days, and the longest was 2 weeks because they had to go to another state. It is tough, but they called us whenever they could, Plus as mentioned, they are highly trained in what they do.

• I think it's pretty natural to worry.

Just try to remember how well your dad has been trained. Know that his top priority is to come home from work in the same condition he left.

• You have to live one day at a time and take things as they happen. Most worry is wasted time.