does not act like a "Chihuahua"?

I have a 6 month old long haired Chihuahua. He really dosnt look like one, everyone says he looks like a puppy German Shepard lol.

I know many people who have these dogs, they yap alot, they are very protective over their owner, not really friendly much. Mine dosnt act ANYTHING like that.

He throws his own toy up in the air and chases it, constantly. Also plays fetch already!! He is very easy to train, already knows how to sit, and lay. I have him trained on barking. He knows when its bed time and time to quiet down. He's only 6 months old, LOVES other animals, and never bit, growled, at another person or animal. and everyone thinks hes not a real chihuahua lol

just wondering anyone else have a non-stereotypical Chihuahua?

Comments

• that's exactly what that is a stereotype....Ive met some mean chihuahuas and Ive met some sweet ones.Actually one of my yorkies best friends at the dog park is white chi named Juicy...I think with all dogs behavioral problems are a result of careless owners who have no idea how to instill obedience.

When you have a dog with a strong personality and u don't put that in check they can easily become out of control.Being yappy is how an out of control dog chooses to express themselves.Being over protective is a natural Instinct when a dog has no leadership...these are not just the traits of chihuahuas but most un-mannered dogs,but you cant blame them or the breed...its the owner.Its great that your dog has a mild temperament and is a natural follower.Now your dog can be one of many that can dispel the stereotype.