Problem... Help? issue #2?

One of my Platys (male) is just sitting at the bottom of the tank. when a fish gets kind of close to him though he swims away ( he just swims across the botttom not a good swim ). He looks a little bit darker than his usual bright vibrant colors. I have a 30G tank with plenty of live plants and natural surroundings with filter and heater.

Fish: 3 Rainbows, 5 Tetras, 2 catfish, the '2' platys, and a oto

all of the levels Nitrate/Nitrite/Hardness/Alkalinity/Ph levels are fine.

Additional Details

I have peppered cory catfish. And by rainbow i mean i have 2 turquoise rainbows (2.5"), and 1 australian rainbow (2.75")

I just quarantied the platy. he is just sitting at the bottom. occasionally he swims to the top just to be knocked back down by the filter. I have noticed his big wide tail looks much smaller than usual. It has shrunked down to about half of its normal size.

Comments

• If he would have problem to poop he would be bloated . You saying he has shrunken down to about half of its normal size. So it not that .

You saying his color is darker that usually.

It good that you quarantine him. Now someone below ask what color of his poo. Usually if fish loosing wait despite eating can be internal parasites. Usually fish will have stringy white,clear wormy like poop. I know you saying problem #2 but try to check on his poo and make sure he don't have it. Make sure he don't have internal parasites.

Than i can tell you that you need to treat whole tank. So i think it very important to find out about that.

If you need my help you can write to me http://www.bettafish.com/member.php?u=22338

Also you saying darker color. What do you mean. Just darker? No spots?

I would really recommend to keep him separate and do like 100% daily water change

EDIT: Also i would recommend to do major water change in the main tank.

I am curious how often and how much you do water changes in your 30 gallons

• 1. Have you tested the tank for Ammonia and what are the nitrite & nitrate levels exactly?

2. Fish has clamped tail by the sounds of it. This can be a symptom of external parasites like Velvet but also internal bacterial infection. Does the fish have any white stringy poop, look underweight or has laboured breathing etc? Does his gills or anus look inflamed? Is he flicking/scratching himself against stuff in the tank at all?

These are all things you need to investigate (all these things are symptoms of external parasite or internal bacterial/parasitic infection).