Trouble concentrating -- natural cures?

I have trouble concentrating. My attention span = 2 minutes. It's horrible. Are there any natural remedies that fix this? Any success stories out there? (No medications please)

Comments

• Hey buddy. For memory loss and concentration try eating more foods rich in Vitamin B1 (thiamine) ie ~ brewer's yeast, whole grain breads and cereals, meat (pork or liver), nuts, legumes such as peas, beans and lentils and potatoes.

also take a multi B complex supplement including all the B's ie ~ B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12 as they work best as a group........ don't buy any of the B complex of vitamins individually but rather as a whole group unless specifically told to do so by a nutritionally oriented physician or naturopath♥

The need for B1 (and the B complex) increases when we are stressed, during illnes and surgery. B1 has beneficial effects on the nervous system and mental attitude and will also aid in digestion and keep nervous system, muscles and heart functioning normally............ The B complex of vitamins will help bolster your system so as you can better deal with the everyday little dramas life presents for us ♥

It is a water soluble complex and as such our bodies can neither produce or store them. Therefore we need to ingest them on a daily basis or suffer the side affects...... The B complex of vitamins is essential for a healthy neural, digestive and immune system♥

Also, an L-glutamine supplement taken 3 times daily on an empty stomach will also bolster a healthy immune and nervous system and assist in maintaining muscle function....... it also helps maintain the health of intestinal flora and thus is a digestive aid ♥ Glutamine is a natural amino acid and a naturally occuring antioxidant and will bolster your capacity for retaining information and focusing enormously♥

Other nutrients which are said to enhance your memory and concentration span and make you smarter are ~ Vitamine E, grapeseed extract, lipoic acid, Vitamin B3 (niacin), Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), vitamin B12 (cobalamin),folic acid, choline, gingko biloba, gotu kola ............ obviously none of them will turn you into Albert Einsteen but you'll surely start remembering what you had for dinner yesterday buddy......... take care of you ♥

CHEERS

• Just in response to some other members answers... I am a Pharmacy Technician and studied hard for my qualification which includes study of medicines, obviously, as well as anatomy and physiology, chemistry, pharmacology, biology etc...... I would therefore assume that people would NOT assume I was 'thick' and that I had every confidence in my ability to understand science and other complicated subjects. I will not advocate that either conventional medicine or homoeopathic medicine is right for everyone or that it works for everyone. Many conventional medications do not work for everyone either. I would just like to take a minute to ask people to maybe do a little study into Homoeopathy instead of reading articles in the news. Did you know that up until recently there were 5 homoeopathic hospitals in the UK and that you can get a Homoeopathic remedy on prescription. Look it up under 'homoeopathic hositals' OR 'Homoeopathy on the NHS' Interesting....? I really do feel that the people who are slating Homoeopathy are the ones who don't understand it fully. We fear what we don't understand and can't be bothered to look into just that little bit deeper. The reason Homoeopathy doesn't get the proof it needs is because the big drug companies and the medicine big boys are worried that it will in fact work and destroy the whole pharmaceutical economy. I don't expect anyone to change their minds, just to be a little more open to things and a little less like sheep following a flock ( i.e the media )

• The only effective one is fish oil. Omega 3 can be VERY helpful. Most health food stores will carry Carsons. Basically, it's tasteless, unless you get the lemon version. Even that has a very mild lemon flavor. Add a few tablespoons of it to any food basically. You'll probably be very happy with the results if you aren't seriously ill (like if you have alzheimers).

If it IS alzheimers, be aware that there is an effective treatment for that now. They inject the rheumatoid arthritis drug, Enterecept in the venous network at the base of your skull. It binds the protein that causes alzheimers (TNF). The results are immediate. And quite frankly, startling. No joke. If you have alzheimers, that's the treatment you want to look in to. Unfortunately, the only place I know of offering that treatment to the general public is in California. However, it won't be long until it becomes a standard treatment for alzheimers. The treatment effect is just too strong.

• The best remedies for ADD (Attention deficit disorder) are as follows;

DMAE,L-tyrosine,DL-phenylalanine, ginkgo biloba

It's also crucial that you get enough: B complex vitamins, Calcium,Magnesium, and Omega-3 fatty acids.

The average American is dangerously deficient in all of the above.

• caffiene