HP Laptop Power Adapter problem help!?

I have an hp laptop. and the power cord is making a crackling noise.

The wire is made of two separate sections

1) the section which goes into the wall

2) the section which goes into the computer (this section of the wire has a "box" (adapter) on one end and on the other end the thing that goes into the computer)

so, when i connect the laptop to the wall unit, it makes a crackling noise. specifically in section 2 of the wire, and more specifically right where the box (adapter) of section 2 attaches to the wire of section 2.

when i move around the wire, it makes noise and sparks.

i tried different wall units and it's the same for them all. the computer does charge.

is this due to overheating?

and how can i fix this problem?

if i dont fix it will it stop working? or is it not a big deal?

Comments

• the only ingredient you do no longer point out is that if the output is AC or DC. If the connectors are the comparable length, as a techniques because of the fact the specs pass, curiously like it is going to artwork. How do you tell if it incredibly is AC or DC? Many power adapters in simple terms say it (AC/DC) with the output records. If yours does, you in basic terms did no longer positioned it on your submit. If it would not say, you may seek for a logo. the logo for DC is 3 dots with a stable line phase over the three dots. For AC you get a tilde (wave image) over the three dots. The laptop furnish is unquestionably is DC. as long because of the fact the different is DC additionally, then pass forward. in case you do no longer see any image, you may desire to acquire a digital meter which will inform you for confident. good success.

• replace it asap they are cheep on ebay some as low as $10

• If you have a short, it can cause a fire. You need a new one. And they aren't cheap. I feel your pain. I had to replace one.