Should I do a biochemistry or physics degree?

I have a choice between studying physics and biomedical science(where I would specialize in biochemistry) and I cannot decide which I should do. I've always had a passion for physics but upon actually studying I've found it very difficult. It's still interesting to me but I'm not sure if this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. The biomed course on the other hand is much easier to me. I don't find it as exciting as physics but I think that will change when we get on to the more exciting stuff. I think I would be more comfortable in the biomed course but I'd always feel like I let my passion go by letting go of the opportunity to study physics, and I feel like I'd miss out on all the knowledge I would gain from physics. In biomed all my knowledge would be much more narrow, I feel. And I feel like I'm restricting myself to that side of science(medicine) whereas with physics I would have greater options, even the option to get back into the medical side of things. One interest I have is in nanotechnology and maybe particularly nanomedicine but I'm not sure which route into this would be best. I also have many interests in areas of biomedical science so I'm incredibly torn.

Has anyone any advice? I'm incredibly confused and I don't know which to pick and the decision has to be made soon.

Thank you

Comments

• There is no future in having a physics degree unless you plan to teach at the university level. Biochemistry on the other hand opens the door to making genetically-modified-organisms (GMOs) and that is a hot field.

• Biomed. Its easier and if it doesn't work out most employers jisylt look and see you have a degree abd they don't actually what you have youelr degree in.

• biochemistry, you get to take a couple of physics courses anyway. I feel like you could get a better job with a biochem degree too.

• Don't really care what you choose to be honest.

• depends. are you going to have room on your schedule for crying at least 2 - 3 hours a day?