How to calm menstrual cramps?!?

My stomach is hurting SO BAD. I want to throw up :( so does anyone have any answers on how to make them calm down and not hurt so much? Thanks! :)

Update:

can the people that answer this on did answer it to ask their girl friends to answer this please i want more answers :) thanks

Comments

• Hey.. I agree with you on this one. I would try drinking hot tea - maybe even two cups. What also helps is a hot bath sometimes. I also suggest to get some rest. I got mine friday morning and was in such horrible pain and was about to fall out of my chair at school - luckily I had study hall - I had two cups of hot tea! :]

You mentioned feeling like you are going to vomit - Usually I would recommend Ibuprofen for period cramps, but when you feel nauseated or are vomiting it is not recommended to take ibuprofen as it can make it quite a bit worse and can have a side-effect of nausea.

Hot bath, tea, a book, and rest is the best you can do sometimes. :]

One amazing thing that I've discovered though are BANANAS. I take one on the first day of my period, and I have literally like NO more cramps at all for the whole rest of the time that I have my period. Apparently it's like the sodium or potassium in them that helps the cramps. :]

Anyway.. Hope I helped. :]

• How To Calm Period Cramps

• You could take pain pills, they work temporarily but too much won't be good for your body.

What always works for me is a hot water bottle. On the abdominal area. Or drink hot soup. As long as you warm the area there, it stops the muscles from cramping.

I've heard that exercise works too, not too sure about that though.

Hope you feel better!

• Hot water bottle on the abdomen

Lay on your side

Hot chocolate

Maybe a good book and calming music

• I know how you feel. Sometimes I feel nauseated by my cramps too. For cramps, laying on a heating pad, taking a hot/warm bath, and sitting in an amazing yoga pose is great. Here is a link to a photo of the yoga pose. (I don't know why a man is in this pose.)

http://www.yogaartandscience.com/poses/restpos/sbk...

• yes heat is good for calming them down. i have a teddy that i put in the microwave (its one you can buy in the chemist) and that works.

you could try painkillers but they dont do much for me.

light excercise works too. like just walking around your room, etc.

swimming works too as it is exercise and the water is pretty warm or a hot tub.

hot drinks work well too.

i hate them cramps too :(

• You should use rofecoxib, it is the best about it you can get information from here http://webmd70.notlong.com/AAgMMh4

• take paracetamol every 4 hours.

hold hot water bottle on tummy.

drink lime to stop vomitish feeling.

• hot baths hot pads lay on your left side rub where it hurts and relax

• Hope this helps!