Bike crash into parked car?

I recently was coming down from the street on my bike and there was a corner.. i was going kinda fast and as i was coming to cut into the street on the sidewalk a car was coming in the street.. i tried to turn left sharply but there was a parked car halfway on the sidewalk so i ran into it.. the owners where outside.. i gave them my info.. the man told me dont even worry about it it was an old car.. there was a minor dent maybe like 2 inch long on the bumper/hood.. 15 days later he decides to file it with his insurance and now they are saying im liable for the damage(a stupied little ******* dent).. they car was blocking my path onto the sidewalk and i dont think im liable for the damage because if he wasent parke don the sidewalk i would have made the turn and not crashed into his car.i have no insureance and idk what to do.. i cant pay for the damage because i am broke.. am i liable and what should i do?

Comments

• Yes, you are liable for the damage YOU caused to his vehicle. Doesn't matter if the car is old or not, he has the right to have it repaired.

Bikes are not supposed to be ridden on the sidewalk so your claim that he was parked in your path means nothing.

Get a job and take responsibility for your actions.

• That is your fault, i'm hoping the bike rider was not injured badly, anytime you open a automobile door, and some physique hits it you in effect did not yield the right of way (they'll have another title, but that's the basic premise) it's inconceivable to not hit a door, that is all of a sudden opened providing you with no chance to discontinue. Unless a cop gave you a ticket, it will be between your insurance organization, and the motorbike rider. In case your insurance insurance plan covers your door, i have a proposal. Go get several estimates, let the coverage manufacturer do their thing, if their estimate is like those you have good, if the insurance estimate is low, bring this to their concentration, together with your first-rate estimate, now that is the main part. Auto body retail outlets more commonly provide coverage organizations a 10% discount if the coverage enterprise pays the keep straight. And so the insurance manufacturer will consistently attempt to MAIL THE verify TO THE physique shop. By way of legislation that is your cash. INSIST FORCEFULLY for those who must, THAT THE check BE sent straight TO YOU. Then take the examine, and check out to get the store to fix your vehicle, minus your deductible, you can also ought to negotiate slightly. Insurance businesses most often have a local body keep or 2 who they believe, in the event you call the neighborhood agent for the insurance manufacturer and ask him which body shops they use, then take your vehicle to 1, or all of them, when you turn in an estimate from this save, it more often than not expedites the claim, because the may just approve it instantly, as an alternative of screw around just a few more days. Nice of good fortune

• you are liable

you can not use a bike on the sidewalk, dumbass, it's illegal

get a job, and pay the bill

• You are liable.