How to do a complicate shot?

I need advice on how to go about creating this shot for a video. I'll try to explain it the best I can. The camera is facing me head on whilst I'm sitting on the hood of a car holding a stick. The camera quickly turns to a profile (from the side) close up view of my face. I spit, and in slow motion, the camera follows the spit close up through the air. As soon as the spit hits the stick, the stick lights on fire like a torch as the camera returns to normal speed and zooms back out. Any advice is great, whether or not I actually spit or I put like a water droplet effect in it, I don't really care. I'd like to use real fire, but again an effect might do just as well. I really want this to look as realistic as possible. Thanks.

Comments

• The photography/filming is straight forward.

Person with camera in front of set up you described, moves to the side and you spit.

Once photog is on the side, set camera for slow motion work, then have camera man setup shot in viewfinder and the instant after you hear the word 'spit', do it!

Do the close up of stick separate and do zoom out separate.

Or try doing both in one take to find out what works.

Or put camera on a tripod and do shots but douse end of stick with lighter fluid and you hold still and have someone light it and finish shot. Edit out person walking in and lighting stick afire.

Or the fire effects You add in later in camputer.

• you could spit and then edit it to look like gasoline and form the shot of your spit and the gas together and then throw a match at it and it will explode? if that makes sence?

It would be almost like a metaphor